Current Positions Open at Genwest
Genwest Systems, Inc is an information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy rapid information solutions for our clients. We feel strongly that building a team with diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds makes for the best products for our clients and the most robust dialogue within the company. If you would like to join our team, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will support our clients at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL), Administrative and Technical Services Division has a requirement for budget support for critical functions to fully meet PMEL’s mission goals. This support includes fiscal/budgetary review of research and grant projects; submittal of Budget Operating Plans (BOPs); management/monitoring of fixed costs; arranging travel; and special projects. This position will support all PMEL personnel.
This support shall be provided in the following areas:
· Utilizes the agency fiscal/budget management systems (MARS, CBS) to monitor spending, validate accounting, and confirm funds availability;
· Supports senior budget analyst in the management of fixed and variable costs under the PMEL Internal Fund
· Assists senior budget analyst in the preparation of appropriated funding Budget Operating Plans (BOPs)
· Monitors, updates, and reconciles research budgets under the University of Washington (JISAO) grant; coordinating funding levels and project balances with PMEL grants manager
· Supports senior budget analyst in the establishment and monitoring of reimbursable funded projects
· Works with senior staff to prepare Document Level Adjustments, Summary Level Transfers, and Detailed Labor Adjustments
· As requested, establishes new project numbers
· Monitors travel expenditures versus ceiling
General Operational/Program Support
· Enter requisitions into the C.Request acquisition system
· Performs all T&A (Time and Attendance) and timekeeper functions for the Administrative and Technical Services Division
· Prepare travel requests and vouchers (foreign and domestic) for the Ocean Environment Research Division
· Provides backup to the Assistant to the Director, PMEL in the area of public affairs, phone calls, visitors, etc.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. General budget and/or accounting experience
2. Familiar with web bases applications
3. Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
4. Familiar with automated data entry systems
5. Familiar with fiscal/budget data base management systems
6. Experience with timekeeping, travel would be viewed as a plus
This is a full-time position eligible for benefits. Hourly wage will be based on the successful candidates education and experience, but is expected to be in the $18-$22 range.
To apply, please email a resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include your resume as an attachment in PDF format. Also, please include the words, “Budget Analyst” in the subject line of your email.
Specifically, this position will require a highly qualified Linux and Microsoft Windows Server administrator to assist in implementing and documenting the recently adopted baseline configuration for Linux and Windows Servers at the NOAA facility located at the Western Regional Center at Sand Point in Seattle, WA. Additional details follow below:
Position Duties and Description:
Windows Server Admin Duties:
· Manage and administer Windows servers, working with distributed technical support team across multiple offices.
· Develop, test and implement Group Policy Objects for both internal and DMZ Windows Server 2003 and 2008 Servers.
· Install, configure, test and fine-tune OSSEC or an equivalent product to meet the requirements for NIST 800-53 control SI-7, “Software and information integrity”
· Install, configure and test SolarWinds Orion to meet the requirements for the NIST 800-53 AU family of controls (Audit generation, collection, analysis).
· Work with OR&R IT staff to improve and expand the use of virtualization, with emphasis on Hyper-V Cluster technology. One goal will be to migrate all existing servers/applications on out-of-warranty hardware to virtual machines, and develop a robust backup strategy for virtual machines.
- Train OR&R technical support staff as required on software and systems listed above.
Linux Server Admin Duties:
· Manage and administer Linux servers, especially Ubuntu and Redhat, working with distributed technical support team across multiple offices.
· Administer Python web applications (Pylons and Pyramid frameworks), databases (PostgreSQL), and Apache.
· Administer server security (user/application accounts, setting password restrictions, antivirus software, monitoring system logs), working with centralized systems (logging server, account directories).
· Make system security plans conform to higher-level mandates and industry standards; e.g., that maintain a balance between security needs and productivity needs (NIST, CIS).
Qualifications and Skills:
· Experience with virtualization (Xen, KVM, etc.)
· Organization and high attention to detail.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively as part of a high functioning team.
· Ability to work on multiple projects, rapidly shifting focus based on priority.
Please email a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any cover letter, your resume and your references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Systems Administrator” in the subject line of your email.