Genwest Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy information solutions for our clients.
Genwest is accepting applications for a Cost Recovery Analyst. This position will primarily support our clients at the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R) at their offices at the Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
The successful applicant will support OR&R staff in tracking costs expended by NOAA in environmental work on specific cases, assembling cost packages to be used in recovery of these expenditures from the responsible parties or other sources. The successful candidate will need to be a positive, numbers-savvy person with high attention to detail, demonstrated information organization and communication skills, a pro-active attitude, and a consistent customer service focus.
- Preparing documentation to support client financial expenditures
- Running and printing database queries
- Preparing and customizing financial reports (most reports will be generated in MS Excel or custom database systems)
- Performing detailed and thorough quality assurance checks on outgoing financial reports
- Organizing paper and electronic documents and files
- Coordinating acquisition of documentation and information both internally and from other offices
- Proactively communicating updates, procedures, and notices to co-workers
- Database Tasks
- Entering financial data into database
- Scanning and indexing financial documents
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the listed qualifications in his/her resume and interview:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, information management or informatics, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated project management and task organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer-service skills: tact, efficiency, willingness to help, and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills, working within diverse groups and teams
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with specific focus on Excel)
- Experience with Windows 10
- Ability to clearly communicate problems, project status, milestones achieved, etc.
- Quick learner and able to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Flexible and able to effectively multi-task
- Able to maintain a professional attitude and approach in stressful situations
- Knowledge of government accounting systems
- Knowledge of cost tracking and assembly into reporting and products
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
This position will be co-located with NOAA OR&R team at the NOAA campus in Seattle, WA near Magnuson Park.
Please email a cover letter (optional), resume (less than 4 pages), and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include these materials in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Cost Recovery Analyst” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received before November 16, 2018.