Genwest Systems, Inc. is an information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy rapid information solutions for our clients. We believe that building a team with diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds makes for a better work environment for our team members, the best products for our clients and the most robust dialogue within the company.
Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently advertising for a DARRP Records Manager position, supporting our clients in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Damage Assessment, Remediation, and Restoration Program (DARRP) in Silver Spring, MD.
- Develop document and records management policies and processes to support the Damage Assessment, Remediation, and Restoration Program (DARRP)
- Provide training and guidance to DARRP staff on all aspects of records management, including best practices
- Coordinate implementation of DARRP records management, including working with the three DARRP components (ARD, RC and GCNR), the DARRP Records Management Committee, NOAA Senior Agency Official, Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act, legal and other agency staff.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Records Management Committee and DARRP component records custodians on records management lifecycle requirements
- Develop metrics for the DARRP records management program and ensure sound information governance and accountability measures are in place
- Coordinate the proper disposition of records consistent with Federal Records Act; Administrative Procedures Act; NARA regulations; NOAA schedules, policies, and procedures; and any other applicable laws, regulations, or guidance
- Develop and conduct periodic records management quality control reviews, compliance audits, process appraisals, and risk assessments and surveys to measure the effectiveness of electronic systems and for general program improvement purposes
- Analyze records management business processes and provide recommendations to improve workflow and create efficiencies with processes, automated tools, systems and technology
- Potential support for related programmatic information management needs, such as FOIA and administrative record coordination.
- Work with the NOAA Office of the Chief Information Officer and DARRP Information Technology personnel on electronic recordkeeping requirements and records management applications
- Develop records repositories in Lasterfiche records management software
- Provide day-to-day system and user support of the DARRP Laserfiche repository
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
The candidate must have experience developing and instituting a records management program within an existing organization. He/she should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, feel comfortable in presenting concepts to a group, and be able to efficiently perform knowledge transfer (through documentation and presentation). Specific qualifications include:
- Knowledge of federal records and information management laws (e.g., Federal Records Act, Freedom of Information Act, and Privacy Act), regulations, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles and concepts of information governance of various phases of records and information management
- Knowledge of the complete records process and content management framework that supports the entire life cycle of agency records.
- Knowledge of the technical requirements for digital preservation, including hardware, software, metadata schema and file formats
- Knowledge of electronic records issues, systems analysis, systems development concepts and data storage methods, media, and security
- Proficiency with the Laserfiche Rio software suite, including Laserfiche Server, the Laserfiche Windows and web clients, the Laserfiche App server, Laserfiche Forms, and Laserfiche Workflow.
- High-level proficiency with providing customer-oriented support services.
- Experience in developing and providing training to customers that have a diverse knowledge base.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of e-Discovery (Certified E-Discovery Specialist preferred)
- Information governance; knowledge in maximizing information value while reducing costs and mitigating risks associated with information assets
Applicants must have strong skills in understanding and communicating complex concepts, problem solving, and working effectively and patiently as part of high performing team with high expectations, and diverse views and opinions.
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for the Genwest full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
Please email a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, your resume and references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Records Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by July 12, 2017.