Genwest Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy information solutions for our clients.
Genwest is accepting applications for an Infrastructure Support Technician. This position will primarily support our clients at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R)/NOAA, NOS, Office of Coastal Management (OCM) at their offices in Silver Spring, MD.
- Windows 10+ support for users on an Active Directory domain structure
- Active Directory support and administration
- Imaging of computers using PXE Boot
- Ability to support smartphone users, Android and Apple, in a government environment
- Microsoft Office 2016+ user support, including Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe product support, including Creative Suite products
- Google Apps support
- Copier logistics support
- Network printer support
- Workstation setup support
- Inventory support – hand receipts and annual inventory
- IT security support – scanning, vulnerability patching and N-CIRT reporting
- Educating users – support ability to make presentation to users
- VoIP support
- Off-site /travel/international user/IT helpdesk phone support and VPN
- IT vendor support – quotes and working with technicians
- Backup/disaster recovery – contingent testing support
- Videoconference/conference room support – WebEx, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Server assistance and support
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the listed qualifications in his/her resume and interview:
- History of success in collaborative project execution, working as both lead and contributor.
- Demonstrated flexible and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute long term projects, including setting timelines and milestones.
- Strong skills in understanding and communicating complex concepts, problem solving, and
- History of working effectively and patiently as part of high performing team with high expectations, and diverse views and opinions.
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
This position will be co-located with NOAA OR&R team at the NOAA campus in Silver Spring, MD.
Please email a cover letter (optional), resume (less than 4 pages), and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include these materials in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Infrastructure Support Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received before July 16, 2018.