Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently advertising for an Infrastructure Support Technician position, supporting our clients in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R) in Silver Spring, MD.
- Windows 10+ support for users on an Active Directory domain structure
- Active Directory support and administration
- Imaging of computers using PXE Boot
- Ability to support smartphone users, Android and Apple, in a government environment
- Microsoft Office 2016+ user support, including Microsoft Outlook
- Adobe product support, including Creative Suite products
- Google Apps support
- Copier logistics support
- Network printer support
- Workstation setup support
- Website creator support
- Inventory support hand receipt and annual inventory
- IT security support scanning, vulnerability patching and N-CIRT reporting
- Educating user support ability to present a presentation to users
- VoIP support
- Off-site /traveling/international user IT helpdesk phone support and VPN
- IT vendor support quotes and working with tech
- Backup/disaster recovery, contingent testing support with CrashPlan
- Video / conference room support WebEx
- Server assistance support
- History of success in team-based project execution, working as both lead and contributor.
- Demonstrated flexible and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute long term projects, including setting timelines and milestones.
Applicants must have strong skills in understanding and communicating complex concepts, problem solving, and working effectively and patiently as part of high performing team with high expectations, and diverse views and opinions.
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position may be eligible for limited benefits.
- Relevant experience and certifications should be included in resume
- Must include one page cover letter describing your experience that relates directly to the job duties stated in this posting
- Must include three references that can confirm your experience
Please email a resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter, your resume and references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Infrastructure Support Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by October 25, 2017.