Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently advertising for an On-site Technology Infrastructure Manager, supporting our clients in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R), at the Gulf Of Mexico (GOM) Disaster Response Center (DRC) in Mobile, Alabama. This person will function as an on-site representative of the OR&R Business Support Group (BSG), which is responsible for managing technology infrastructure, accountable property management, end user support, security, and information technology operations for OR&R.
The on-site technology infrastructure manager will work with the Disaster Response Center (DRC) director and staff, IT team members located in Seattle, WA and Silver Spring, MD, and others to manage the technology and AV infrastructure of the DRC facility in Mobile, AL. The on-site manager will support DRC staff and visitors, provide the Help Desk function for the facility, support and manage the audiovisual (AV) infrastructure of the facility, and provide support for the documentation and assessment of the technology infrastructure of the facility. The work of this position involves managing multiple assignments, conflicting priorities, while maintaining good customer service and meeting various deadlines. Any applicant must be able to travel periodically within the Gulf of Mexico region as well as to NOAA or partner offices nationally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Help Desk and user support, familiarity with AV and computer infrastructure,
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone systems, wireless networking, and automated data processing (ADP) equipment and maintenance, including large format printing.
- Project management skills and experience to plan, develop, implement, monitor, and collect and evaluate data on programs, initiatives, and services.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and 2012, storage area network (SAN) technology and management, desktop and laptop configuration
management, patching and troubleshooting, and the configuration of client systems in an existing Active Directory (AD) domain environment.
- Ability to work effectively with technology intensive training rooms and a variety of clients in a fast-paced environment with very limited supervision and very independent environment.
- Organization and high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a high functioning team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, rapidly shifting focus based on priority.
- Ability to work well with wide range of partners, clients and vendor.
- Positive and pro-active approach to problem-solving.
Specialized experience for this position would include: particular knowledge, skills and abilities to provide top-level high quality user support, computer configuration, technology troubleshooting, audiovisual support; ability to prioritize tasks and accomplish them with very limited supervision; ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing; and ability to educate users in an efficient and effective manner. Compensation will be dependent on skills and experience.
Please email a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any cover letter, your resume and your references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include your last name and the words, “DRC Technology Infrastructure Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by Genwest. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by November 13, 2017.