Genwest Systems, Inc. is an information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy rapid information solutions for our clients. We believe that building a team with diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds makes for a better work environment for our team members, the best products for our clients and the most robust dialogue within the company. Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently advertising for a System Administrator, supporting our clients in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Ocean Service Office of Response and Restoration at the Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
Position Duties and Description:
- Primary Sys Admin for DIVER, an AWS web data management application
- Backup Sys Admin for ERMA, an AWS based mapping tool
- Sys Admin support for IT Security documentation, baselines, change management, etc.
- Assessment activities, Penetration testing, POAMs (Plan of Action and Milestones – remediation plans for issues)
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance on servers Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have strong experience in Linux system management
- AWS experience a plus
- VMware experience a plus
- Strong in logging & log analysis (Rsyslog, Splunk alerting)
- Organization and high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a high functioning team
- Ability to work on multiple projects, shifting focus based on priority
- Flexibility and team-focus, working with diverse group of high-functioning staff to achieve common goals.
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for the Genwest full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
Please email a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, your resume and references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “System Administrator” in the subject line of your email. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by September 8, 2017.