Genwest Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy information solutions for our clients.
Genwest is accepting applications for an Administrative Support Technician. This position will support our clients at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL), Administrative and Technical Services Division with administrative support for critical functions to fully meet PMEL’s mission goals. This is a full-time position which will be located at the NOAA Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
The successful applicant will perform numerous tasks which are dissimilar in kind, but which have in common the purpose of assisting the personnel and goals of the lab. More detailed tasks are listed below.
- Utilizes the agency business management systems (MARS, CBS) to monitor spending, validate accounting, and confirm funds availability
- Monitors travel expenditures versus ceiling
General Operational/Program Support
- Performs all T&A (Time and Attendance) and timekeeper functions for employees as assigned
- Prepare travel requests and vouchers (foreign and domestic) for the Ocean Environment Research Division
- Provides backup to the Assistant to the Director, PMEL in the area of public affairs, phone calls, visitors, etc.
- Making complete arrangements for conferences
- Composing complex, but non-technical correspondence
- Locating and assembling information for various reports, briefings, conferences, etc.
Enter requisitions into the C.Request acquisition system. This includes reviewing documentation provided by end users for format, grammar, and punctuation, removing typographical errors, and meeting basic procurement guidelines. The documentation will encompass all procurement related supporting documentation. Examples of documentation that will be frequently reviewed: Statements of Work, Specifications, Independent Government Cost Estimates, Quotes, Justifications, printing waivers, and Information Technology approvals.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the listed qualifications in his/her resume and interview:
- Familiarity with web-based databases and applications
- Experience and expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with automated data entry systems
- Demonstrated experience with timekeeping
- Experience with setting up travel arrangements
- Experience and comfort with professional office routines and procedures sufficient to receive and refer phone calls and visitors to staff members
- Strong knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and required formats sufficient to recognize and correct such errors in correspondence and reports
- Strong verbal, writing, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic, pro-active thinker.
- Ability to work and travel independently.
- History of success in team-based project execution, working as both lead and contributor on diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated flexible and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute long term projects, including setting timelines and milestones and balancing priorities.
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for a full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
This position will be located at the Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
Please email a cover letter (optional), resume (less than 4 pages), and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include these materials in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Administrative Support Technician” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received before May 22, 2020.