Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently accepting applications for a full time Cost Recovery Analyst. This position will primarily support our clients at the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R) Business Operations Division (BOD) and will be based from NOAA offices at the Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
We are looking for someone with experience and/or training in financial work who is a team player, a quick learner, and a self-starter. The successful candidate must be an energetic, friendly, numbers-savvy person with stellar attention to detail, demonstrated information organization and communication skills, a proactive and positive attitude, and a consistent customer service focus.
Example activities and knowledge requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Data reporting
- Assisting in preparing documentation to support client financial expenditures
- Running customized database queries
- Preparing and customizing financial reports and budgets (most reports will be generated in MS Excel or custom database systems)
- Maintaining a high level of quality control on all work products for future use in potential litigation
- Performing detailed and thorough quality assurance checks on outgoing financial reports
- Organizing paper and electronic documents and files and maintaining back-ups
- Finding, flagging, and correcting errors
- Coordinating acquisition of documentation and information both internally and from other offices
- Database Upkeep
- Entering financial data into diverse computer databases
- Scanning and indexing financial documents
- Maintaining scheduled database back-ups
- Proactively communicating updates, procedures, and notices to co-workers with friendliness and tact
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the listed qualifications through their application and any scheduled interview.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, information management or informatics, or equivalent experience
- Outstanding organization skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills: tact, efficiency, willingness to help, and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills working within diverse groups
- Experience in Microsoft Suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to clearly communicate project status, milestones achieved, challenges, etc.
- Ability to be an active, willing, and positive member of a diverse team
- Must be a quick learner and able to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible and able to effectively multi-task across multiple projects
- Reliable – in attendance, in accuracy, task completion, and communication
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The wage range is anticipated to be $50k-$70k on an annualized basis. The position is also eligible for a full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
Please submit your application, including any cover letter (optional), resume (less than 4 pages), and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include these materials in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Cost Recovery Analyst” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by February 9, 2024.