Genwest Systems, Inc is an information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy rapid information solutions for our clients. We feel strongly that building a team with diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds makes for the best products for our clients and the most robust dialogue within the company.
Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently advertising for a Data Manager, supporting our clients in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service, Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R) at the NOAA Western Regional Center facility in Seattle, WA. This is a temporary position, expected to include part-time tasking for a period of up to 5 months, with the potential for extension based on client budget and needs.
Candidate will support the Tier2Submit application creating datasets and coding automated testing scripts. Tasking requirements may also include technical documentation development, and software QA.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Familiarity with CSV and XML file types
- Flexibility and pro-active approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as a part of a scientific team
- High attention to detail and ability to work under tight time constraints
- Experience with common text editors and SQLite
- History of success in team-based project execution, working as both lead and contributor on diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated flexible and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute long term projects, including setting timelines and milestones and balancing priorities.
Applicants must have strong skills in understanding and communicating complex technical concepts, problem solving, and work effectively and patiently as part of high performing, high expectation teams that include diverse views and opinions.
This is a temporary position for up to 5 months with limited benefits. Compensation for this position will be based on experience and qualifications.
Please email a cover letter (optional), resume (less than 4 pages), and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.. Please include all content these materials in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Data Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by Genwest.
The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received before April 29.