Genwest Systems, Inc. is an information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy rapid information solutions for our clients. We believe that building a team with diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds makes for a better work environment for our team members, the most robust dialogue within the company, and the best products for our clients.
Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently advertising for a DevOps Professional, supporting our clients in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Ocean Service Office of Response and Restoration at the Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
Position Duties and Description:
- Monitor and maintain applications & systems in cloud and local
- Support development and response teams with infrastructure
- Assist in assessment activities such as penetration testing and vulnerability
- Tracking and remediation of CVEs, policy violations, and other security
- Improve and maintain automation
- Work with infrastructure team to improve operation
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with CentOS enforcing se-linux.
- Extensive knowledge of VMWare ESXi, vCenter, vSphere Integrated Containers, etc…
- Linux CLI
- Amazon Web Services EC2, ECS, RDS, IAM, etc…
- Experience complying with standards such as NIST and
- Ability to troubleshoot web-based
- Working knowledge of
- Familiarity with Icinga/Nagios or other monitoring
- Familiarity with alerting and monitoring software Prometheus and Grafana.
- Familiarity with Nessus.
- Familiarity with GitLab.
- Understanding of standard development principles such as OOP and version
- Programming ability in at least two major languages such as python and
- Knowledge of Postgres and other relational
- Ability to learn, comprehend, and implement new technologies
- Authorized to work in the US
- Able to pass a mandatory federal background check before work
- Organized with a high attention to
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work on multiple projects, shifting focus based on
- History of success in team-based project execution, working as both lead and contributor on multi-disciplinary
- Demonstrated flexible and proactive approach to problem
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute long term projects, including setting timelines and milestones and balancing
- Significant recent experience in DevOps or System Administrator
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for the Genwest full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
Please email a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any cover letter, your resume and references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment (no more than 4 pages in length) with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, DevOps Professional in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by December 31, 2021.