Genwest Systems, Inc. is an information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy rapid information solutions for our clients. We believe that building a team with diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds makes for a better work environment for our team members, the most robust dialogue within the company, and the best products for our clients.
Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently advertising for a DevOps Professional, supporting our clients in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Ocean Service Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R) at the Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
Position Duties and Description:
- Monitor and maintain applications & systems in cloud and local environments.
- Support development and response teams with infrastructure needs.
- Assist in assessment activities such as penetration testing and vulnerability scanning.
- Tracking and remediation of CVEs, policy violations, and other security issues.
- Improve and maintain automation coverage.
- Work with infrastructure team to improve operation services.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with CentOS enforcing se-linux.
- Extensive knowledge of VMWare ESXi, vCenter, vSphere Integrated Containers, etc…
- Linux CLI expertise.
- Amazon Web Services EC2, ECS, RDS, IAM, etc…
- Experience complying with standards such as NIST and CIS.
- Ability to troubleshoot web-based applications.
- Working knowledge of Docker.
- Familiarity with Icinga/Nagios or other monitoring tools.
- Understanding of standard development principles such as OOP and version control.
- Programming ability in at least two major languages such as python and nodejs.
- Knowledge of Postgres and other relational databases.
- Ability to learn, comprehend, and implement new technologies quickly.
- Authorized to work in the US
- Able to pass a mandatory federal background check before work begins.
- Organized with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, shifting focus based on priority.
- History of success in team-based project execution, working as both lead and contributor on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated flexible and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute long term projects, including setting timelines and milestones and balancing priorities.
- Significant recent experience in DevOps or System Administrator roles.
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for the Genwest full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
Please email a resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include any cover letter, your resume and references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment (no more than 4 pages in length) with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “DevOps Professional” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by October 18, 2019.