Genwest Systems, Inc. is an information management and consulting firm headquartered in Edmonds, Washington. Since its inception, Genwest has been a recognized leader in the design and implementation of information systems and solutions. We depend on a diverse team of talented staff to design, develop, and deploy rapid information solutions for our clients. We believe that building a team with diverse educational, cultural and experiential backgrounds makes for a better work environment for our team members, the most robust dialogue within the company, and the best products for our clients.
Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently advertising for a DevOps Professional, supporting our clients in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Ocean Service Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R) at the Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
Position Duties and Description:
This DevOps Professional will:
- Have knowledge in all stages of software development.
- Work alongside other developers and system/network administrators collaborating on the multiple layers of the NOAA OR&R application & network infrastructure.
- Participate in the design and overall architecture of tools & applications.
- Monitor and maintain applications & systems in-cloud and on-premises environments.
- Collaborate with the rest of the NOAA OR&R infrastructure team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Work with graphic designers, converting designs to visual elements.
- Be able to understand and implement security and data protection.
- Assist System Administrator in providing support for IT Security documentation, baseline documentation and administration, change management, etc.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for emergency systems support.
- Assist in the assessment activities, penetration testing, POAMs (Plan of Action and Milestones – remediation plans for issues) tracking and implementation.
- Assist other System Administrators with maintenance on servers as requested.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Command line experience in Linux system administration
- Centos/Redhat/Fedora experience preferred
- AWS Cloud experience such as creating systems, fixing boot failures, subnetting
- Experience complying with standards such as HIPAA, PCI, NIST, CIS
- Ability to troubleshoot web services, TLS certificates, firewall ports
- Familiarity with Icinga/Nagios or other monitoring applications
- Familiarity with Ansible (or Puppet/Chef)
- Postgres database administration and usage
- Ability to manage software packages and updates
- Able to list and track common AWS security issues
- US Citizen able to pass mandatory federal background check before work begins
- Significant recent experience in performing DevOps and system administration roles
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Experience hosting systems like Drupal and WordPress
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Organization and high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a high functioning team
- Ability to work on multiple projects, shifting focus based on priority
- Flexibility and team-focus, working with a diverse group of high-functioning staff to achieve common goals
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for the Genwest full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
Please email a resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Please include any cover letter, your resume and references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment (no more than 4 pages in length) with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “DevOps Professional” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by August 23th 2019.