Genwest Systems Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is currently accepting applications for a Security Analyst. This position will primarily support our clients at the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Office of Response and Restoration (OR&R) Business Operations Division (BOD) and will be based from NOAA offices at the Western Regional Center in Seattle, WA.
OR&R is seeking a qualified Security Analyst that will be a part of a broader team in support of IT Security Operations and Continuous Monitoring activities across the Enterprise. This role will support the implementation of security controls and monitoring solutions as well as provide documentation and feedback on the implementation, or lack thereof, of security requirements and deviations or risk acceptances for multiple Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA) systems managed by OR&R. Example activities and knowledge requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with Federal staff to implement policy and procedure as described in the NOAA Risk Management Framework.
- Evaluate, implement and document NIST Controls within the FISMA systems associated with OR&R.
- Improve and implement continuous monitoring activities and processes within the FISMA Systems.
- Support project and tool development activities as they pertain to security management of the FISMA systems.
- Provide detailed reporting on security compliance for managed FISMA systems.
- Work closely with the OR&R Information System Security Officer, System Owner, Authorizing Official and IT Management to develop requirements, policies, oversight, recommendations, and documentation as it pertains to the security posture of the FISMA systems.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the listed qualifications in his/her resume and interview. A self-motivated candidate with knowledge of cybersecurity and system documentation within FISMA and NOAA policy should be able to quickly gain the additional knowledge and process required to be successful in this position.
- Solid knowledge of NIST controls and framework and the ability to demonstrate an understanding of validating control implementation associated with a particular FISMA system.
- Familiarity with tools such as BURP, NMap, Tenable Nessus, scripting, Office products needed.
- Knowledge of current cybersecurity trends, threats and tools.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse organizations, professions, and backgrounds.
- Team members are expected to be open to feedback, suggestions, comments, and ideas for improvements on their own approach as well as project actions or products.
- Ability to pass a background check required for NOAA security credentials.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and pro-active – able to work both independently and in a team setting
- Demonstrated flexible and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute long-term projects, including setting timelines and milestones and balancing priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively – accepting and integrating feedback, suggestions, and comments from team members.
- CISSP Certification.
- Knowledge of current operating systems and network infrastructure systems such as Linux, Windows, MacOS, Cisco, Juniper, etc.
- History of success in team-based project execution, working as both lead and contributor on diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of multifactor authentication mechanisms and implementation of solutions for MFA.
Compensation will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant in combination with contract budget. The position is eligible for a full-time benefit package that includes health insurance, paid personal and holiday leave, 401(k) program eligibility, and employee disability and life insurance.
Relevant experience and certifications should be included in resume. Applicants may include a one page cover letter describing your experience that relates directly to the job duties stated in this posting
Must include three references that can confirm your experience
Please email a resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, your resume and references in a single .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) attachment with your name included in the .pdf file name. Also, please include the words, “Security Analyst” in the subject line of your email.
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted via email. The position will remain open until filled, with priority given to applications received by August 31, 2021.